On Sun, 15 Oct 2000, Lindsay Crawford wrote:

> I only mentioned the 486 because it has Windows, and a 14.4 modem.
> I have not set up a connection to US WEST internet, and I don't know
> if there is any free connection which would work given the
> limitations of the machine.  Then of course, once on, would it be
> quick enough to use?  Who knows.
This is plenty of power for a shell account. As Cory mentioned, you can
surf the web, check your e-mail, etc., all from your dial-up shell account
via a terminal emulator (in 80x24 textmode) on your computer. Contact
efn.org (Eugene Free Net), they'll hook you up.

http://www.efn.org
448 Charnleton St.
Eugene, OR 97401
(541) 484-9637