On Sun, Feb 24, 2002 at 06:56:23PM -0800, Kahli R. Burke wrote:

> Printing is IMHO still a weak spot for Linux and other unix like
> systems, unless you have a postscript printer.  They usually work great.

The latest GNU ghostscript (6.53) comes with IJS and stp (Gimp-Print)
drivers.  CUPS is always improving (and IMHO by far the easiest way
to print OpenSource style), and the developers of foomatic
(http://www.linuxprinting.org/) plan to replace the perl code (which
depends on ~15 non-standard perl modules) with C to make it easier to
use and much faster.  OpenSource printing won't be a weak spot
for long :)

> you could do this with alias cd='cd $1 | ls'.  The $1 represents the
> first argument to the cd command.  So, if you type cd /blah, /blah gets
> substituted for $1.  Yes, you can extend this concept to $2, $3, etc.

?  This gives me `ls` with zsh, bash and ksh, and doesn't do the cd.
Shouldn't the '|' be replaced with '&&'?

--
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>