On Sun, Dec 15, 2002 at 04:21:43PM -0800, Linux Rocks! wrote:
> Bob,
>        *I* am not kicking anyone from the list (I have, but only when getting a
> *lot* of bounce messages. The mailing list software should be configured to
> remove users that bounce message (I dont know why it doesnt sometimes...)

I can explain that in general terms, but not specific terms unless I see
some specific bounce headers.  Mailman can only remove a person based on
bounce headers if it knows for whom the mail was intended.  Debian has
worked this out with their modified smartlist setup such that bounce
messages contain identifyable information in in the address to which a
bounce should be directed.  Seems to be more effective than that is done
by mailman.

--
Joseph Carter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>                      This end upside-down

10) there is no 10, but it sounded like a nice number :)
        -- Wichert Akkerman