Or easier you could do:
 xdpyinfo | grep XKEYBOARD
if it displays notthing, you dont have it, if it displayss XKEYBOARD
you have it!

Jamie

On Thursday 16 January 2003 10:10 pm, Neil Parker wrote:
: On 16 Jan 2003, Ben Barrett wrote:
: >Humm... or it could be me!!  Is anyone getting this to work through a
: >KVM?  I wouldn't think it matters, but it might... I use one at home,
: >but it doesn't explain my office workstation.  Maybe I'll try on some
: >other linux boxen here at the office, since they're numerous.  = )
: >
: >Is my odd situation possibly related to disabling "Dead Keys"?
:
: Probably not.  Given that it seems to be an XKB thing, its availability
: probably depends on whether XKB is turned on or not.
:
: In XFree86 3.3.6, XKB is controlled by an option in the XF86Config file
: called "XkbDisable".  On my machine, "XkbDisable" is commented out,
: so I get XKB behavior, including mousekeys.  Uncommenting XkbDisable does
: pretty much what you'd expect.  There's probably a similar option for
: XFree86 4.x.
:
: You can find out whether your display supports XKB by typing "xdpyinfo" in
: a terminal window.  This prints out, among other things, a list of the X
: extensions supported by the server...if you see "XKEYBOARD" on the list,
: then XKB is available.
:
:                - Neil Parker
:
: Eug-LUG mailing list
: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
: http://mailman.efn.org/cgi-bin/listinfo/eug-lug

--
No microsoft products were used to produce this message.