my wheelmouse works, its ps2
 /dev/mouse -> psaux
The copy/paste is gpm (not just x, console too)
gpm -m /dev/mouse
searching "mouse" in my XF86config shows:
Section "ServerFlags"
  Option       "AllowMouseOpenFail"
and
Section "InputDevice"
  Driver       "mouse"
  Identifier   "Mouse[1]"
  Option       "ButtonNumber" "5"
  Option       "Device" "/dev/mouse"
  Option       "InputFashion" "Mouse"
  Option       "Name" "AutoDetected"
  Option       "Protocol" "imps/2"
  Option       "Vendor" "AutoDetected"
  Option       "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
EndSection
and
Section "ServerLayout"
  Identifier   "Layout[all]"
  InputDevice  "Keyboard[0]" "CoreKeyboard"
  InputDevice  "Mouse[1]" "CorePointer"
  Option       "Clone" "off"
  Option       "Xinerama" "off"
  Screen       "Screen[0]"
EndSection

Your mileage may vary...
Jamie

On Tuesday 21 January 2003 12:23 am, Ben Barrett wrote:
: I followed some instructions I found on this page:
:
: http://www.ultimate-computing.com/wheelmouse.php
:
: and now enjoy proper scrolling... but I lost my classic Xwindows
: mouse-copy and mouse-paste... I'm sure there's even better info on this
: elsewhere, so I'll ask:  Is there any way to get the copy/paste
: functionality *and* scrolling?  What else can I do?
:
: My third button no longer seems to have the paste mapping, and/or
: mouse-select is broken for me... after playing with some application's
: cut-n-paste, I think it's my mouse-clipboard interaction that has gone
: altogether; I had PS2 before the directions above use IMPS2 for wheel.
:
: Any help appreciated!
:
:    BenB
:
: PS - It seems the forces of evol are at it again
:
: Eug-LUG mailing list
: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
: http://mailman.efn.org/cgi-bin/listinfo/eug-lug

--
No microsoft products were used to produce this message.