Yar, actually, I later noticed that paste was re-mapped to what I
believe to be button 4, which I've never used (I have a five-button
trackball, actually, so I guess with the scroll wheel acting a two,
up/down, there are really SEVEN "buttons"!)...  paste fn simply moved
from the alternate-right-button to the alternate-left-button.  = ))

Good reminder about restarting the X-server... it seems that document
was written for the "...for Dummies" series.

ciao,

   Ben