When running as root
kill -s 9 PID
where PID is the process ID
I thought it was kill -9 PID
I just tested kill -s 9 PID and it works.
If the doesn't work try the command on other processes, also check the kill command against a known good kill command on another system to make sure it hasn't been corrupted.
On Mandrake 9.1 kill and killall are in /usr/bin and are programs rather than scripts.
Jim K

Bob Crandell wrote: