What state is procmail in (wait,select, ???)

It's not trying to write to an unreachable file or something?

On Tuesday, June 3, 2003, at 08:20 AM, Bob Crandell wrote:

Hi,

I have a server with some processes that are running away and they won't die. How
do I stop them? I used:

ps axf to see the forest for the trees.
procmail was fired off by sendmail to filter some SPAM.
I can stop sendmail but procmail won't stop.

Killall procmail doesn't work.
Killall -9 procmail doesn't work.
Killall -9 -v procmail sayes it is stopping procmail but it lies.
kill <procmail's PID> doesn't work.

When I rebooted the server last night utilization was over 119. Normally it's
closer to 0.1 or 0.3. This morning before anyone logged in, it is just over 31.0.
This started the middle of last week.

Thanks

--
Bob Crandell
Assured Computing

This is a Signature: Someday soon it will have clever sayings and URL's