On Sunday 01 June 2003 03:17, Joseph Carter wrote:

> The lab fees are for the drives then.

I doubt it.  The lab fee breakdown on my Course Information Sheet
mentions $2 for photocopying and $50 for staff time.  Apparenlty
they assume that I'm going to make $2 worth of photocopies per
student and that it's going to cost LCC $50 per student to keep
the lab computers fixed and running.

That leaves a single $170 line item that is not explained at all.
I presume it's some kind of, uh, "room rent" or something but I
have no idea.

I can't help wondering how closely related these high lab fees are
to LCC's budget problems.

Ken