Trying to have fun with RedHat here :)
So, anyone have experience with installing Redhat on the Promise
IDE RAID cards? I'm trying to setup a mirrored array on a box
and during setup you basically choose from the drives as 'hde,
hdg, or sda'. Already have the Promise driver loaded before hand
and I'm on the second install. After the first install I could
only boot off the floppy to get into the system. After boot the
Promise utility kicked in and cloned the wrong darn drive
leaving me with nothing on both drives. Using the Promise driver
is a must to enable the hotswap function. At least as far as I
know it is. Currently mirroring what I think is the right drive
from the card and not the OS this time. Current OS is RH7.3,
will try 8.0 next if I have to. Card is the Promise TX2. I've
installed these first two times to /dev/sda. Anyone with
experience on them?

Thx.
Mr O.