On Thu, Jul 24, 2003 at 06:20:47PM -0700, Jason wrote:
> I am hoping someone on the list who is familiar with
> the area might be able to make some recommendations on
> neighborhoods. If you wouldn't mind being this person,
> I'd just like to send along a few addresses, and hear
> any comments you have on the neighborhood/area. No
> need to actually check the place out, just a 'yeah,
> that's a good neighborhood' or 'no, that place is
> crap.' Or, if you happen to know any houses in the U
> of O area (bikeable distance) that will be coming up
> for rent around September 1, let me know.

For a student, proximity to campus is probably a really desirable thing.
I would look for east campus neighborhood or a little bit further than
immediately south of campus.  The area west of campus for about half a
mile and for a couple of blocks south of campus is really full of some of
the least interesting students imaginable.  I live near Sacred Heart, and
although the proximity to campus is really nice, the gristle-brained
substance-abusing party crowd in close proximity prove an amazing
distraction from serious study.

To the east is a more family-oriented neighborhood.

--
Joseph Carter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>    The mighty Oak is the result of
  ^ a nut!                                  a nut that has held its ground

"Whenever I watch TV and see those poor starving kids all over the world,
I can't help but cry. I mean I'd love to be skinny like that, but not with
all those flies and death and stuff."
        -- Mariah Carey