Yeah.... that would prettymuch do it, but surely redscat uses shadow
passwords... just edit the /etc/shadow, (and or /etc/password) and
remove the encrypted password portion of the root entry. then login
as root (hit enter for password) then type passwd (at the console)to
setup a new password.

Jamie