I loaded it up once.  I wasn't too impressed, but I've really never used
a big development environment.  For simple PHP scripts, there isn't much
need.

The screenshots I've seen makes me think it's much larger than just web
apps.  The big idea around eclipse is it's plugin architecture.  There
are plugins for CVS, diffs, syntax highlighting, code hints, etc.  So
the potential is very powerful.

-Rob