So... I like Eterm, many other users like it too... one of the nice things
about eterm is the ability for transparency and tint/shading...
I found a script on the net to make new eterm sessions w/random tint, and
modified it to add shading... here it is if you want to use it too!

#!/usr/bin/perl -w

$geometry = "80x27";
$name = "RandomTerm";
#$shade = 00;
$shade = int( rand( 100 ) );
$tint = int( rand( 255 ) ) . int( rand( 255 ) ) . int( rand( 255 ) );
$options = "-b black -f white --geometry $geometry --name $name --trans
--shade $shade --tint $tint --scrollbar no";

exec( "Eterm $options &" )

If you dont like the shade (which can be real dark!) you can  remove the
comment mark (#) on the first $shade line, and comment out  the second.
Alternatively, you can reduce the shading  by changing the 100 (in the second
shade  line)  to a lower value (I actually  use 60, which limits the shading
to a maximum of  60%)

How do you power off this machine?
        -- Linus, when upgrading linux.cs.helsinki.fi, and after using the machine
for several months