I tried all those suggestions w/no joy :(
BTW, Im not using KDE, Im running enlightenment (w/gnome).  I didnt have this
issue with slack8, but slack9 does! Slack9 has actually had a lot of issues
that 8 didnt. I still dont have mplayer (or any DVD/mpeg player) working
under 9. I think its the mpeg libraries that I compiled...

BTW, Right clicking in kde app does not show paste as an available option when
trying to copy from shell (eterm), and GPM isnt working right under console
(alt + F1, F2, ...)  the mouse control is spastic...

Jamie