On Tue, Sep 02, 2003 at 08:20:30PM -0700, Linux Rocks! wrote:
> So... a company sent me this today... how does this fare for a deal?
>
> (Low-end) special
> P4 Book pc with: sound, video, LAN, 56k modem, Windows XP Home
> Cd Rom, Floppy, keyboard, mouse, and speakers.
> 40.0GB hard drive, Celeron 2.0 CPU, 512MB DDR SDRAM @ $499.00

If you want that form factor, it's not too bad.

Online, one can build a reasonable Celery for about $620 with that much
RAM, three times the disk, DVD+-RW, and a 17" CRT without trying too hard.

--
Joseph Carter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>         Do not write in this space

* knghtbrd is each day more convinced that most C++ coders don't know what
           the hell they're doing, which is why C++ has such a bad rap
<Culus> kb: Most C coders don't know what they are doing, it just makes it
        easier to hide :P
<Culus> see for instance, proftpd :P