| On Sat, Sep 20, 2003 at 08:57:14AM -0700, Jeanette Wilder wrote:
| > Hi guys,
| >
| > I am interested in putting up my own T-1 server to
| > host a couple dozen web sites I am currently running.

Maybe what you are seeking is to locate your server or servers on
some existing T1?  This is known as colocation.  Or maybe you are
looking for hosting, whereupon you'd migrate your (currently on DSL?)
hosted sites to someone else's servers... I think you'll want to
examine, if you haven't already, the setup and ongoing costs associated
with setting up the T1 (installation and startup fees, as well as
ongoing monthly costs) with those of colocation as well as hosting.

You might also consider getting multiple DSL services into your current
location, as a cheaper alternative, although most DSL accounts don't
actually assure you of any bandwidth or uptime, whereas T1 should, if I
remember correctly.  I assume you're already using multiple IP
addresses, and are hosting servers which have DNS entries setup for the
IP addresses... the set of possible solutions might change if there is
more information you can share with us.

Let us know how your search goes, and good luck  = )

regards,

   Ben B
   Ben's Computer Services

PS - I am switching from DSL to cable in coming months, since I am
"done" hosting and the costs have not been worth it for me.