On Fri, Oct 03, 2003 at 04:47:41PM -0700, Cory Petkovsek wrote:
> ICANN,
>
> By now you are aware of the many technical and policitical issues
> regarding verisign's abuse of the DNS system.  I will therefore, discuss
> the issues I feel most strongly about and add my support to your demands
> that ICANN disable their wildcard domain system and support proper
> reprimandation procedures.

ICANN is taking action:
http://www.icann.org/correspondence/twomey-to-lewis-03oct03.htm
http://www.icann.org/announcements/advisory-03oct03.htm
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A40241-2003Oct3.html

They are demanding verisign to turn off the wildcard domain by 6pm
tomorrow until they have a chance further determine if there is a major
problem.  Forget about online petitions, send your comments directly to
icann, especially before tuesday, where they will have a big meeting in
DC.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

http://www.icann.org/general/wildcard-history.htm
http://www.icann.org/announcements/announcement-30sep03.htm

Cory

--
Cory Petkovsek                                       Adapting Information
Adaptable IT Consulting                                Technology to your