On Monday 10 November 2003 08:01 pm, Roger wrote:
: Around Mon,Nov 10 2003, at 03:02,  Marc Baber, wrote:
: > Hi Larry (and Cc's),
: >
: > Now that I've got your attention with an over-the-top provocative
: > subject line :-), Please forgive me for singling you (Larry) out as the
: > expert on the subject of [EMAIL PROTECTED], but you've been very helpful on the
topic
: > more than once in the past and I suspect you're our best hope of
: > finding answers to a troubling problem:
: >
: > I've been noticing that all e-mail coming to me from the local Dean
: > campaign is flagged as [EMAIL PROTECTED] by EFN's servers.  Had I not specifically
: > requested and arranged for my [EMAIL PROTECTED] to be delivered instead of silently
: > deleted, the EFN system would have deleted this e-mail without informing
: > me and I would not be aware of the event announced in this e-mail.  Most
: > people don't make the arrangements that I have to see their spam and
: > decide for themselves.  I wonder how many EFN users opted into this list
: > and will never hear about the upcoming event because of EFN's [EMAIL PROTECTED]
: > filters?  I wonder how that may effect attendance at the event?  funds
: > raised?  election outcome? (Yeah, I know, but hey, it was *real* close
: > last time!)
:
: Not Larry,
:
: We don't delete anything marked spam.   What we do is to mark something
: as probably spam and let the member delete or not.
Ive noticed... I havnt done my mail on EFN in a couple months... last night I
spent a few hours going through old mail that had been magily re-marked as
new, and going deleteing an additional 1000+ message that have come in since
the last few months, most of which was spam (and a lot of eug-lug admin
stuff...). I still havnt had the chance look at the 20 or so legitimate mail!

[In 'Doctor' mode], I spent a good ten minutes telling Emacs what I
thought of it.  (The response was, 'Perhaps you could try to be less
abusive.')
        -- Matt Welsh