On Monday 10 November 2003 15:02, Marc Baber wrote:

> I've been noticing that all e-mail coming to me from the local
> Dean campaign is flagged as [EMAIL PROTECTED] by EFN's servers.

Yeah, no kidding!  An HTML-encoded message with large fonts,
flashy colors and lots of uppercase characters... plus it isn't
even valid HTML...  (see spamassassin message below)

It's pretty hard for me to feel sorry for people, no matter how
legitimate the cause, who send out this kind of stuff and find it
getting blocked.

There are two or three clueless entities (from whom I WANT to
hear) who also send me HTML-formatted email... and it gets caught
in my spam filter every time... and I just delete it.  I keep
telling them that if they want me to actually READ their emails
they're going to have to send messages that comply with
standards... but they still don't "get it."

The problem isn't with EFN or SpamAssassin, it's with the Dean
campaign.  If he's as tech- and Internet-savvy as the press
reports say he is, you'd think he would know better.

If I was a Dean supporter I'd be mighty upset right now -- not
with EFN or spamassassin, but with his campaign workers for
sending out this kind of stuff in the first place.  Perhaps you
can educate them, Marc.

Ken