Hello EUGLUGers,

I don't know what would be the best way to go about this since the
options list for kernels are quite long... but I often go through the
kernel configuration and wonder if I shouldn't be using certain
features.  I feel like I know just enough to build my own kernel for my
system and get the major parts working, but I also feel like there are
some features I'm not quite sure about (eg: microcode support, local
APIC support, CMD640 bugfix support, etc).

There are the help pieces, but sometimes those aren't enough.  I just
discovered the 'Preemptable Kernel' option for the 2.6 kernel.

Are there sources for highlights of normal configuration options for
Intel based systems with more descriptive help?  Or maybe it could be
the topic of a meeting one day?

-Rob