--- Jacob Meuser <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
<snip>
> So, if I may ask, why exactly are you looking into
> something other than OpenBSD?

I'm not against Open, which is the BSD I have the most
experience with (along with BSDi, which I used to work
with quite a bit). More along the lines of, in typical
geek fashion, expanding my horizons.

I tend to be the kind of person who learns a system
best by being forced in (vs. tinkering in free time at
home on throwaway installs). I'm moving (eventually)
my work system from an iBook to an IBM Thinkpad.
Jumping back into the intel world brings many more
realistic options, so I'm wading through the choices.

Before the Mac, I used Mandrake on my work laptop for
about 2.5 years. Before that, it was RedHat for a year
or so, with Windows only before that. I figured I
would jump distros (Debian maybe) or over to a BSD for
my next box.

Jason