At least, not in the Ninth Circuit Federal Court.

Judge Noonan reprimanded the RIAA's lawyers there in MGM vs. Grokster
yesterday...

    "Let me say what I think your problem is. You can use these harsh
    terms, but you are dealing with something new, and the question is,
    does the statutory monopoly that Congress has given you reach out to
    that something new. And that's a very debatable question. You don't
    solve it by calling it 'theft.' You have to show why this court
    should extend a statutory monopoly to cover the new thing. That's
    your problem. Address that if you would. And curtail the use of
    abusive language."

I'd've posted this to activism, but I'm apparently the only person
subscribed.  I'm certainly the only person who's posted since
12/1/2003.

kbobsoft software consulting
http://kbobsoft.com                     [EMAIL PROTECTED]