On Fri, Mar 19, 2004 at 09:15:02AM -0800, Bob Miller wrote:
> > What is the limit on streams?
I still would like to know the max stream count.  Is it file descriptors?  If
so what is that, 65535?  So I could use 'echo blah >&65535' (didn't seem to
work)?

> This seems like a task that is simple in Python or Perl, but less
> simple as a shell script.  Assuming you have the first file above as
> stdin, either of the attached scripts produces the second file.
Thanks for the scripts.  Of course a hash of arrays is the _obvious_ solution!

Cory

--
Cory Petkovsek                                       Adapting Information
Adaptable IT Consulting                                Technology to Your