I just ordered one of the shiny new dual PowerMac G5's that was
announced last week. I've been reading various bits and pieces that
Panther on a G5 "runs a 64-bit kernel". I even found a foreign
Apple-owned site that makes mention of it. I'm unable to find the
link, but it was one of Apple's asian sites, and it made reference to
a "64-bit kernel". Google searches just pull up a number of
misinformed or useless links. there's a little documentation on
developer.apple.com, but its also not very clear.

Any of you out there with a G5 doing 64-bit coding care to make any comments?

~ per