On Sat, Oct 16, 2004 at 09:15:38AM +0000, Jeff Newton wrote:
> Have an idea here, what about that cyper cafe place, that I've been so
> much about at 8th and Olive?? Would be close by to the LTD bus station,
> only a two blocks north for a short walk. Plenty of parking across the
> street at the bank tower parking lot, etc.

The Strand is VERY LOUD Thursday nights, also they're using Nocat Auth on
the access points now (requires browser with popups enabled) and they've
firewalled off ports like 22.  Most UNIX users are not going to be pleased
with it.

> Now, here's some news, I just happen to be downtown the other day, yes,
> I went downtown guys and notice that there was a sign on the door of the
>  former OPN office, that said OPN was CLOSED INDEFINATELY.... A
> rumormill going around as said, that moved upstairs, next door??
>
> Jason can you or someone else shed some light on this??

Well, OPN is having a board meeting at a funeral home next week.  (Somehow
that's more amusing than it ought to be.)

There are offers for office space at EPUD and over at Willamette.net, but
the former is only enough for one person (who presumably is expected to be
managing vhosts for EPUD as obligated by the efn "sale" contract), and
there are conditions on the space at Willamette.

The CTC is currently in the Network Charter School's hands, and that's
where you're hearing roumours that OPN has moved upstairs from, since that
is where the Network Charter School is.

Wouldn't count on knowing anything more until the end of next week.