I would suggest using a different word processor (or even text editor) such as is included with Fedora. OpenOffice.org is a great replacement for MS Office, and probably even reads/writes WordPerfect format. You can save your file to your home directory (/home/walter or whatnot) then copy the file to the floppy disk using Konqueror or whatever GUI file manager you have.

If you're in text mode, "pico" or "nano" are good choices.

Not to be annoying, but is there some reason you need to use the ancient and outdated storage of a floppy? Can you email your file to yourself and download it somewhere else? Is your machine hooked up to the Net?

Cheers,
Max

walter fry wrote:

I cant seem 2 find where to enter the commands such as grep..... I'm in wordpft8 on fedora 2.6.5-1.358 in text mode and trying to save the doc. to a USB FLOPPY when rebooting the fdd activity led's emitt so Iknow the usb driver is there, it just is'nt found by wp8