Date: Fri, 24 Dec 2004 16:03:43 -0800
From: Zeb Packard <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: [Eug-lug] I'm having a "little" trouble getting MySQL going

Hey I'm having problems getting mysql started on slackware. First I had a problem with the preinstalled version so I uninstalled it and reinstalled mysql 4.1.8 figuring starting from the begining might help. It sure seemed like it was going to be better this time but when I run:

bash-2.05b# ./bin/mysqld_safe

I get this:
Starting mysqld daemon with databases from /mysql/data
STOPPING server from pid file /mysql/data/ninjaz.pid
041224 14:42:49  mysqld ended

I looked at my pid file and there is nothing in there. If that means anything.