Have you looked at the about:config page?
just type "about:config" in the address bar
you probably want to look at the files named under helpers.*

like helpers.private_mailcap_file
and helpers.private_mime_types_file

as those will let you configure helper apps

I laughed at general.config.obscure_value

of course there is always the option of groveling throught the files in
~/.mozilla/firefox

On Fri, 18 Mar 2005 23:47:10 -0800, Walter Hurst <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> What do you mean by helper app?
>
> You mean defining a keyword to use in the address bar to use as a
> search? If that's the case, you go to the site you want to use, and
> ctrl-click on their search input widget, one of the options is "Add a
> Keyword for this Search". I've made one for NetFlix and other websites
> that I go to and then immediately perform a search.
>
> Walter.
>
> On Mar 18, 2005, at 11:35 PM, Tim Howe wrote:
>
> > I can not figure out how to configure helper applications in Firefox.
> > Google
> > seems to be pretty useless when searching.  Has anyone figured this
> > out?  I have
> > been through the entire menu system.
> >
> > --TimH

http://Zoneverte.org -- information explained
Do you know what your IT infrastructure does?