Is there a way to get the Mandriva Control center to look at sites on the web for resources for getting files? I will research this on my own as well, but if anyone has an answer, please do tell.

Incidently, I tried to get Debian to run on my computer but it would not play well with it. I am going to try downloading the ISO's for the complete distro and have another go at it, but at this point, I am worried about losing my data. I have well over a 1000 pictures of armour from museums from all over the world that I can not replace on it. Now would be a good time to do a backup eh? hehehe

Ron

John Sechrest wrote:
I don't think you mean wget.

Wget is a tool for downloading a file from a website.
If you have a package system, then you would use that instead. And the
package system knows about dependencies.

if you have a debian based system like Ubuntu, then this is called apt-get

you can say:

apt-get update
apt-cache search games | grep gnome
apt-get install gnome-games

and you will get it all installed for you.

Is that what you need?

Ron LeVine <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

 % Greetings all,
% % I am wanting to use wget to install some packages on my computer. How do % I find the repository for using wget? % % It is my impression that wget will not only grab the package that you % are wanting, but also any packages that are dependencies as well. Is % this the case? % % I want to add the Gnome-Games package to my computer and it has about % 3-4 dependencies that I need as well. % % Thanks in advance,
 % Ron
 % EUGLUG mailing list
 % euglug@euglug.org

-----