I have a CS account and this is what I have. I didn't set it up. The sysadmin did...

$ cat ~/.procmailrc
# basic configuration information
SHELL=/bin/sh
PATH=$HOME/bin:/local/bin:/usr/bin

# any local overrides
INCLUDERC=$HOME/etc/procmail.settings

INCLUDERC=/cs/lib/procmail/forward_spamassassin
INCLUDERC=$HOME/etc/procmail.rules
INCLUDERC=/cs/lib/procmail/vacation

:0 w : inbox.lock
* $ ! ${MHINBOX:+!}
| rcvstore +${MHINBOX}

$ cat ~/etc/procmail.settings
MAILDIR=$HOME/mail
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

I'm pretty sure this still passes off to spamassassin and if it's ok, then forwards it on to me.

-Rob

Jason LaPier wrote:
Confession time - I never did figure out how to use procmail, and looking at
procmail recipes makes my head hurt. Now I just want to set up a procmail
recipe to forward email to a different address. Very simple. This is the U
of O email, and they have it set up so that if you make a .forward file,
your email gets forwarded straight off the SMTP. That's fine and dandy,
however, they have a bunch of spam tagging and filtering that'd I like to
take advantage of, so I want to use a procmail script instead, so the mail
gets forwarded _after_ getting wrung through spam-assassin, etc.
I know my maildir, and I'm pretty sure I don't want any logging (since it
will be forwarding mail from here on out).
Thanks in advance for what I hope is a simple recipe,

- Jason

Jason LaPier
Network Manager
TACS / WRRC / NPSO