Agreed... I would *love* to see the core 2 duo (or amd x2, for that matter)
integrated into more subnotebooks.
But, as for the US context Mr. O, you didn't mean *produced* in the US,
right?  (just for sale in the US?)

If you don't need high-end CPU power, don't forget about the Oqo, they
employ a bunch of US citizens :)
Myself, I like the 10" widescreen model I got about 3 years ago, alhough I
did just replace it with a larger model...
very nice footprint, was about 3.5 - 4 pounds.

    Ben