Regardless of the DRM issue, Vista is just crap anyway.  After installing RC1
on a test box at work, I found that I had no physical memory available with the
default install, everything left was page file.  This was on 1gb of memory.  As
a test, I reduced the number of running services to the bare minimum (29, I can
get XP down to 11), I had 400mb available.

For reference my XP box at home, untweaked, with ATITool, a dashboard, Steam,
and software for a game controller, uses 280mb of RAM.