<rant laughing="with_not_at">
Uhh, sorry I didn't mention it.  I was not hung up on it!!
I was thinking of testing scenarios, and was not worrying
about providing it full bandwidth for any extended period of
time, so there you have it.  Not making sense?  Think "bursts".
The word "home" was used, and I considered that many new
desktops and some nicer laptops allow 4GB or more of memory.

So memory, I don't give a crap about how slow the disks are, sorry :)
If anyone in Eugene does have a disk array that can provide 10Gbps,
please invite me/us over, of course.  To the rest of us:  yes, good luck
with those crappy spinny things!!  Oh, you got a fancy 15K RPM?
Well, big deal, but a better choice than driving an overpriced car!  ;)
</rant>

ben