Anyone got root on his box?  Just remove the 64-bit and symlink to the
32-bit,
no convincing needed ;)  I'm still fairly entranced by OS X and don't have
any
convincing reasons to resume use of linux as my primary desktop, so my
biggest problems are a few danglies not yet built as universal binaries,
Rosetta is kewl but sloooow.

In hopes of having more fun linux news, though, I picked up a beefy & fast
CF card, and hope to boot my old lappy off it; since it is a centrino
chipset
(which should also be able to boot off USB) and since CF is usually
tied to the IDE or very close I'm hoping this is feasible.  It has a
built-in
CF reader... I'm anxious to see the battery life boost from solid-state use!
I hope I have the spacer CD-bay replacement around here somewhere,
so I can make it lighter too.  If that won't work, I'll use the new CF card
on my mini-itx board, which has been sadly neglected of late.

ben