Range: 50 miles if you are willing to deep cycle the battery.
Price ~$10K.  The panels alone would cost half of that.
He has a charger and will be using it.  But it kinda misses
the point.

I agree that high efficiency panels would be an improvement.
But they would be very expensive.

Solar PV panels have gotten very expensive, largely due to
very high demand in Germany (or so I hear).  But a new plant
has just come on line, so I'm hoping they will come back down.
I'm not going to put those things on by roof until they are
cheaper.

OTOH, I will be putting water heating panels up there soon.

If you are considering DIY solar, I suggest you study the
rules about rebates.  You could easily make a system that
doesn't qualify.
--
Allen Brown  [EMAIL PROTECTED]  http://brown.armoredpenguin.com/~abrown/
  The trouble with our times is that the