roger wrote:

> My USE Flags are a mile long. ;-) lol

Here's what mine looked like when I stopped using Gentoo last year.

    USE_local=""
    USE_local="$USE_local distribution"     # [app-misc/workrave]
    USE_local="$USE_local mpeg4"            # [app-pda/gtkpod]
    USE_local="$USE_local wxwin"            # [dev-python/anygui]
    USE_local="$USE_local gimpprint"        # [media-gfx/gimp]
    USE_local="$USE_local zvbi"             # [media-tv/xawtv]
    USE_local="$USE_local faad"             # [media-video/ffmpeg]
    USE_local="$USE_local dv"               # [media-video/mjpegtools]
    USE_local="$USE_local cdparanoia lzo rtc xanim xvid" # [media-video/mplayer]
    USE_local="$USE_local v4l"              # [media-video/vlc]
    USE_local="$USE_local psyco"            # [net-p2p/bittorrent-theshadow]
    USE_local="$USE_local moznoirc moznomail mozp3p mozxmlterm" #
[net-www/mozilla]
    USE_local="$USE_local acpi4linux"       # [sys-kernel/gentoo-sources]
    USE_local="$USE_local radeon"           # [x11-base/xfree-drm]
    USE_local="$USE_local openal"           # [x11-misc/rss-glx]
    USE_local="$USE_local offensive"        # [x11-themes/gaim-smileys]

    USE="Xaw3d aac aalib acpi aim alsa apache2 audiofile cddb cdr cscope
         curl directfb divx4linux doc dts dvd emacs ethereal exif fam
         fastcgi fbcon ffmpeg flac flash gd gphoto2 gstreamer icq
         imagemagick ipv6 jabber matroska mbox mmx mono mozilla mozsvg
         mpeg4 msn mysql nptlonly nsplugin oscar pda postgres ppds slp
         speex sse sse2 tetex theora tiff usb win32codecs xinerama
         $USE_local"

I wrote all that USE_local crap before portage was enhanced with
package.use, and I never got around to cleaning it up.  My package.use
looked like this.

    # Make xxdiff run on remote display.
    dev-util/xxdiff -kde

    dev-util/darcs -doc