Good thing you can't get Clearwire. Most newer DSL modems by
default act as a router so you'd have to turn off their
'firewall' and get a good router or roll your own firewall.
Comcast is of course the fastest (in Eugene) but comes with the
higher price tag. I really wouldn't run port 80 if you don't
have to. You could always port forward off nearly any router and
use a different port to forward to 80. For example, I run double
80 for my router and go up two on the default for Slimserver.
Also, DYNDNS is your friend then you don't have to pay an extra
leg for a static IP. You'll only be down an arm if you get
cable.

Just a quick example, http://eviltechmonkey.homelinux.org:8080

Don't try and hack my router please :-)

That be all,