This is good info. adding to the concrete numbers, My experience is that each
computer that I have running at home seems to take $5/month just in power
to keep it going. To get the redundancy of S3, you need at least $10/month.

"Ben Barrett" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

 % $0.15 x 100 GB = $15/month (plus another $10 to upload)
 % $0.15 x 500 GB = $75/month (plus another $50 to upload)

 % As of this writing, a 500GB external drive can be had for $135-$150 easily:
 %
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=2010150414+4803+131021357&name=400GB+-+750GB

-----
                        .           computers and the Internet