On Mon, December 17, 2007 2:41 pm, dooger watts wrote:

> By then of course, someone else has come along and given them a jump and
> they're on their way, giving me the wary look.  Then in a matter of
> weeks or a month or two if they're lucky (and with no apparent
> connection to the previous incident), their alternator/generator gives
> out from overwork at having to charge a dead battery.
>
> New batt:  40 bux; new alternator:  200 bux.  Not much of a decision
> there.

"The plural of anecdote not is not data" and all that, but this has never
happened to me. And I used to run down batteries like no one's
business[1].
Which leads me to the obvious conclusion that Hondas must have massively
overbuilt alternators. heh.

-ajb
[1] The combination of a defective light buzzer, cold weather and youthful
haste can be deadly on a car battery.