I got a Google News email notice a few minutes ago of an article that
sounded interesting from svg.org. It was published today.
<http://svg.org/section/Diary>. I started reading, decided to click on
a link, and was transported to a porn site. In checking further, it
looks like nearly all of the hyperlinks on the page lead to different
porn sites. But this is a serious organization and the article deals
with a serious subject in a serious way. It seems unlikely that the
author submitted the article with the porn links in it, particularly
because many of the links from comments posted on the page also point
to porn sites.

I've sent the site admin an email about it, but I started wondering
what kind of security hole might enable a porn link spammer on a
production basis to gain access to a web site's content and
automagically substitute URLs in content hyperlinks. Any new known
malware tools out there for doing this kind of thing on a production
basis? I['ve never encountered anything like it before. My sniff is
that this is something done by a person who spends all day doing the
same thing around the web.

I know I would not be a happy camper if all the links on my site
suddenly became links to porn sites. So I'm interested in
double-checking my security against any known new exploit that might
have been used to trash that site. Of course I can't rule out that a
site admin is is playing a joke on the author of the article.

FWIW, the site's About page has information about the hardware and
software they are running.

Best regards,

Marbux