Reviews that I have read, stated that after updating the 4 GB SSD is
full. I have heard similar complaints about the windows XP version with
4 GB. I suspect either a lighter distro or larger hd to start with is a
better solution. By lighter distro probably one with a smaller window
manager.
     I have heard problems with installing apps on Linux based netbooks
that were not available from the distro's download sight. This was
mainly from windows users, not people who use Linux regularly. This is
probably an education issue.
Jim K
 PS. I initially pointed it out because of the low price. It may have
been an open box situation. I believe it is a useful device for someone
going into it their eyes open. I think the 1" screened devices might be
a better choice if you envision some keyboard input, because of the
generally bigger keyboards. Definitely try before you buy.