Hi Eurodisc,

this email is directed at the junior representatives in Europe. It was sent out
to federations, but to make sure it reaches all junior national team reps
quickly, I also post it here on Eurodisc.

Chris

Dear European national federations, dear junior coaches,

WFDF has recently announced that Dublin has won the bid to host the junior
world championships next summer. So, WJUC in Dublin, august 12th - 18th.
Congratulations to Ireland , and also a big "Thank You" to the other two
European bidders from France and Italy.

Now, us Europeans need to decide whether we want to accept the Irish offer to
also hold the Under17 event, EYUC 2012, at the same time and place. This is
quite a luxurious situation, to have WJUC in Europe again. Obviously, doing
both these events in one go has great advantages, and after the fabulous
Heilbronn 2010, where we had all in one, it feels natural to repeat this in
Dublin.

The only issue is logistics&money. Dublin is hard to access other than by
aircraft, and the tournament itself will be more expensive than the ones in the
past. Details on this to follow later. What we want to avoid is that we grant
the bid to Dublin, and then only a handful teams show up for the U17 girls and
U17 open divisions.

So, we decided to ask you, the national junior team representatives, for input.
In short, we want to assess if there is a strong tendency either towards
Dublin, or towards a more central location. Do bear in mind that we do not yet
have any alternative; and we would certainly want to have the event fixed
before the end of january. So if you favour an alternative to Dublin, you would
also need to come with a host very soon. Some federations already approached us
and said that Dublin was fine, but obviously we want to hear everyone.

This email goes via the official channel to the national federations. At the
same time, I will post it to the addresses collected at Wroclaw at EYUC11, and
to Eurodisc. This is because we want to make sure that the mail finds it's way
to as many as possible junior representatives quickly.

So, we would like the representatives for the 2 teams (U17 open and girls) to
get together and answer the survey below. In your mail, please state clearly
what function you have in your federation, formally or informally. Also, state
whoever else may be responsible for this. Please do answer in any case, even if
you do not plan to send any teams to EYUC, or do not even have any players in
that age group, so that we know we need not wait for more input.

At the same time, in questions 8 and 9 we ask about your junior teams (aka
U20). This is to get a rough idea what numbers to expect at Dublin.

Deadline: please do send the information to the EUF youth committee
<yo...@euf.efdf.org>. by dec. 31st! Yes we are aware that is less than 2 weeks.
But all we want here is a "quick&dirty" answer, not a 100% proof commitment.
And I am sure many of you will not be in "ultimate mode" after christmas, so
better get it done before . Also, please be advised that  the EFDF forum I
encouraged you to use in my previous mail is currently unable to register new
users due to spam abuse. I will let you know once this has been taken care of.

On behalf of the youth committee,

Chris
Christoph Dehnhardt
chdehnha...@yahoo.de
+49 - 163 - 7596 - 764
--- please return to <yo...@euf.efdf.org> by 31.12.2011 ---

EYUC 2012 location survey

Your Federation:
Your name:
Your responsibility/title:
Other people in your federation involved in this (with email addresses if
possible):

1.Are you at all interested in sending A U17 girls team to EYUC12? Y/N
2.Are you at all interested in sending A U17 open team to EYUC12? Y/N
3.How realistic is it, for each team, regardless of date/place/costs? <open
answer>4.Will you try sending a U17 girls team to Dublin? Y/N
5.Will you try sending a U17 open team to Dublin? Y/N
6.In case you answered "no" in Q4/5: What alternative would you prefer? Any
specific region, timing etc. that looks realistic, that you suggest? <open
answer>
7.Any other comments, suggestions, considerations etc:
8.Will you be sending a Junior women (aka U20) team to WJUC Dublin? Y/N
9.Will you be sending a Junior open (aka U20) team to WJUC Dublin? Y/N
--- please return to <yo...@euf.efdf.org> by 31.12.2011 ---