Greetings All

How about sending the people to space who belong there: the paraplegics.
Legs are a detriment in weightlessness.  And people who are confined to
wheelchairs here would be free and equal for the first time in their lives
(or since they'd been confined to a wheelchair).  I am familiar with the
SF story Jamie mentioned about the genetically designed workers with hands
instead of feet, and it does make a valid point, you really don't need
legs in weightlessness.

I say that ultimately space station crews should be opened to people with
no legs.  They deserve it and they won't have the problems the rest of us
experience.

Pam

   | Pam Eastlick                  | Email    : [EMAIL PROTECTED]         |
   | Planetarium Coordinator       | Voice    : (671) 735-2783           |
   | CCEOP                         | Fax      : (671) 734-1233 or -4582  |
   | UOG Station                   | Location : 13.25N, 144.47E          |
   | Mangilao, Guam USA 96923      | Time     : GMT+10    EST+15         |
   |                     The Planetarium Web page is                     |
   |                          www.guam.net/planet                        |
   |                LOOK UP TONIGHT, THE UNIVERSE AWAITS YOU!            |