Hi Jack,

If the cryobot sinks through the salt, how can it communicate with the outside world?
The salt is a conductor, so it will absorb radiowaves. Will it communicate by sound
(sonar), or by a simple cable to a station on the surface?
I find it difficult to compare the cryobot with vehicles on earth. Would it resemble
an icebreaker, that must withstand the large forces that try to break it up, but which
easily can get stuck, for instance in faults? Would the surface contain many faults?
Or would it be like a large coaldigger in a mine, which moves a lot of material, which
has to be transported to the top.
Or would it be like the drill that is used on Greenland to drill through the ice?
Maybe it would be best to start with one or a few simple surface stations, in the hope
that they can yield some more info on the ground underneath, for instance from seismic
data.

Anthonie Muller