In this design (which is just a quick concept - I think the theory
should be tested) the 'entire' skin has the heating elements.  Imagine
just below the aluminum skin is a network of small heating elements
(nichrome wire).  This network heats the entire surface, not just the
nose.  A thin layer of water forms around the entire craft making it
slippery.  Its weight coupled with the heating will allow this type of
craft to move slowly downward.

Since our model will not be carrying any radioactive heating elements
anytime soone, the idea was to have a single wire provide power to
augment the batteries - unless of course someone wants to calculate
exactly how much dc power it would take to melt ~ 180,000 cubic inches
of water - (pi * 6) * (500' * 12) or there abouts.

Note:  I did say this is a rough sketch.  I can add more of the mental
notes I have.  As a matter of fact I was thinking about some pictures of
the process to make a skin of this type - I might have enough materials
to at least test the theory.

Joe Latrell