  1) RE: ZAP making an offer for Think, needs to hear about Tango
        by "David Roden (Akron OH USA)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  2) Re: OT (But Energy and Beer Related)
        by "Ralph Merwin" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  3) Re: OT: RE: Other Rices' on List, from the Colonies
        by "Kevin Coughlin" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  4) California 2EZ ZEV credits a letter to CARB
        by Danny Ames <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  5) Re: OT conversion of inverter.
        by "David Roden (Akron OH USA)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  6) Re: OT: RE: Other Rices' on List, from the Colonies
        by Eric Penne <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  7) OT: RE: Other Rices' on List, from the Colonies
        by "Roger Stockton" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  8) Re: Silent Running
        by Rich Rudman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  9) Re: Re. Surplus Aircraft Nicads, a Caution!
        by Steve Downing <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 10) Re: OT (But Energy and Beer Related)
        by Lee Hart <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 11) RE: Silent Running - silly sounds
        by "Walker, Lesley R" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 12) RE: TH!NKing
        by "Walker, Lesley R" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 13) Updated Ghiamonster Pics...
        by "Steve" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 14) Re: At What Price? (was: Help With Repairing Traction Motor)
        by "Michael A. Radtke" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 15) Re: OT (But Energy and Beer Related)
        by Rod Hower <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 16) Re: Question about ammeter with regen
        by "David (Battery Boy) Hawkins" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 17) Re: Question about ammeter with regen
        by Sharkey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 18) Re: OT (But Energy and Beer Related)
 19) Re: OT (But Energy and Beer Related)
 20) Re: Silent Running - silly sounds
        by Rich Rudman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 21) Re: Alternator/ motor setup
        by Michael Shipway <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 22) RE: OT (But Energy and Beer Related)
        by "Andre Blanchard" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 23) RE: OT (But Energy and Beer Related)
        by "Andre Blanchard" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 24) RE: OT (But Energy and Beer Related)
        by "Andre Blanchard" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 25) bats "best power"
        by "1sclunn" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
--- Begin Message ---
On 3 Dec 2002 at 15:57, Tim Clevenger wrote:

> Voltage would be inheriting quite a mess of coding and
> electronics, and would likely have to take on the whole Think staff (and
> Norway facility) just to continue development and debugging of the vehicle.

There are some problems, no doubt. I'm not an insider by any means, but from
the rumors I've heard, it sounds like Ford had no clue how to attack the
problems, much less solve them.  All Zap would need do is hire one or two
really good EV engineers and a few decent technicians.

That's rather the story at Corbin, too, isn't it; but they didn't want to
follow the engineers' recommendations, so the Sparrow is currently grounded
(perhaps permanently).  I also wonder whether Voltage have the resources and
judgement to pull it off anyway.

I hope I'm wrong, but I fear that the Think City will go the way of the
Tropica/Zebra, a fate it doesn't deserve.

> More likely [Ford] will just close it down to make sure that the Think
> EV never comes back to bite them.

This is the likely outcome.

1991 Solectria Force 144vac
1991 Ford Escort Green/EV 128vdc
1970 GE Elec-trak E15 36vdc
1974 Avco New Idea rider 36vdc
Thou shalt not send me any thing which says unto thee, "send this to all
thou knowest."  Neither shalt thou send me any spam, lest I smite thee.
Marvin,

Can you convert the heaters to burn biodiesel?  Of course, you'd have to
cope with the brewing process smelling like french fries...

Ralph
I work part-time as a firefighter - so I am a fan of belts and special
seats. However..... In my ambulance, the jump seat is specially made so that
the seat back folds down and it becomes a car seat for a child, just in case
I need one. (Not an infant - it is a sit up straight thing). If that was an
option in the back seat of my car, you BET I would buy it....

Now, if you could put one or two of those into the rear of your EV - you
might be set.

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On
Behalf Of Lee Hart
I did not.

Andre' B.  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
If something cannot be defined, it does not exist.
Isaac Newton

> You have of course totally ignored electricity generated by means other
than
> burning fuel (I.e. wind, rain, sun and nuclear.)
>
> Hydro-electric power is very cheap in some areas and heating with
> electricity can be cost effective in those places.  I think my mom pays
> $0.05 per kWh.

<<  snip  >>

> > finally turning the generator.  Even if you use wind or PV generated
> > electricity it is a waste because that electricity could be put to much
> > better use offsetting electricity generated in the thermal plants.
Unless
> > you have a small wind or PV system that is off the grid and have no
other
> > way of storing the excess energy.

<<  snip  >>
There are also solid fuels.  But they are typically harder to get a find
control of the heat produced.  They could be more efficient if you include
the energy required for planting harvesting and preprocessing of the fuel.