  1) Re: Motor Trend, EVs in November Issue
        by Otmar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  2) Re: Wet Rudman regs
  3) Small milestones...and wrecked photocopiers helping to build
  an EV.
        by James Massey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  4) Re: Motor Trend, EVs in November Issue
        by James Massey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  5) RE: OEM Connectors, Relay sockets and Fuse holders
        by "Raymond Knight" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  6) Re: Wet Rudman regs
        by Bruce Weisenberger <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  7) Re: Lightened Flywheel vs. Lightweight Flywheel?
        by John Wayland <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  8) RE: Small milestones...and wrecked photocopiers helping to build  an EV.
        by "Bill Dennis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  9) Re: Motor Trend, EVs in November Issue
        by David Dymaxion <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 10) Why not
        by Lee Dekker <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 11) PG&E hybrid vehicles
        by Lee Dekker <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 12) Re: Motor Trend, EVs in November Issue
        by Otmar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 13) Fwd: RE: Lightened Flywheel vs. Lightweight Flywheel?
        by Dave Cover <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 14) RE: battery hold down
        by "Don Cameron" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 15) Long range EV's,   was  (FAQ?) DC vs. AC
        by jerry dycus <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 16) Re: Brushless DC vs AC [Was: (FAQ?) DC vs. AC]
        by "Rich Rudman" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 17) RE: Lightened Flywheel vs. Lightweight Flywheel?
        by "Bryan Avery" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 18) Re: Wet Rudman regs
        by "Rich Rudman" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 19) GFIs, ground faults and PFC-30 chargers
        by [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 20) Re: (FAQ?) DC vs. AC
        by Victor Tikhonov <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 21) larger lithium batteries
        by Lee Dekker <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 22) Re: GFIs, ground faults and PFC-30 chargers
        by "Rich Rudman" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
--- Begin Message --- Hello All,
Yes I was quite happy to see that they had published my letter to the editor.
They did shorten it quite a bit, but I feel they kept the essence of it and I'm not complaining.

btw, as soon as I read that article on hydrogen, I went out and subscribed for a year. At $10 for a year, I felt it was the least I could do to support intelligent reporting.

For those of you curious about reporting, here is what I sent them followed by what was published:

I have to commend Motor Trend for the August issue.
Rarely have I seen such excellent reporting as "Hydrogen, Fuel Cells, and Reality" in any media.

I'm at a loss for words. This article showed admirable balance and objectivity. It is the first piece on alternative fuels in which I could not find any glaring omissions. I even learned some things from it. Having worked with alternative fuels for over a decade, I am thankful for your accurate reporting.

I must admit my personal bias leans toward that of Dr Paul MacCready. This comes both from the facts that I think I know, and that I figure it's easier to believe those who are accomplished than those who speak with eloquence but have done little.

Being addicted to speed myself while committed to driving clean when possible, I'll continue to run around town in my old `74 Porsche 914 battery electric conversion. It does 0-60 in 5 seconds and gets all its energy from about $4000 of solar panels installed on the roof of my house. I just can't see the logic in paying for the $16,000 worth of panels it would take to make green hydrogen for a fuel cell instead.

In addition, your review of the 2005 Lotus Elise has me tempted. Pure battery electric power in that car utilizing todays lithium cells could knock at least a second off the gas versions 0-60 times and might help in other areas as well. As if I needed another project!

Regards,
Otmar Ebenhoech

But with the price of inches in a mag, here is what they published:

Rarely have I seen such excellent reporting.
Being addicted to speed myself, while committed to driving clean when possible, I'll continue to run around town in my old `74 Porsche 914 battery electric conversion. It does 0-60 in 5 seconds and gets all its energy from about $4000 of solar panels installed on the roof of my house. I just can't see the logic in paying for the $16,000 worth of panels it would take to make green hydrogen for a fuel cell instead. In addition, your review of the 2005 Lotus Elise has me tempted. Pure battery electric power in that car utilizing todays lithium cells could knock at least a second off the gas versions 0-60 times and might help in other areas as well.
Otmar Ebenhoech
Palo Alto, California

Have fun!
--
-Otmar-

http://www.CafeElectric.com/  Home of the Zilla.
http://www.evcl.com/914  My electric 914

Yep they sure do.  They were all warm.  Not melted thank the electric gods.
Lawrence Rhodes.......