  1) Re: Motorcycle transmissions
        by "Dave" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  2) Re: FCEV are EV's too
        by "Rich Rudman" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  3) Re: Motorcycle transmissions
        by Reverend Gadget <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  4) Re: other side of the coin - Re: Hydrogen fuel
        by "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  5) Liquid Hydrogen (was:other side of the coin.....)
        by "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  6) Re: Scooter battery balancer ( Long, Data, Data)
  7) Re: Motorcycle transmissions
  8) Re: ETEK Motor Info
  9) Re: other side of the coin - Re: Hydrogen fuel
 10) RE: ETEK Motor Info
        by "MYLES ANTHONY TWETE" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 11) RE: Solectra Question
        by "Don Cameron" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 12) lose wire
        by "Steve Clunn" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 13) Re: Gel Cel Etiquette
        by "Joe Smalley" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 14) ETEK Motor Info
        by "Shawn Waggoner" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 15) 3rd clutch option
        by Jeff Shanab <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 16) Dump Charging "Profiles" !
        by Lightning Ryan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 17) Re: ETEK Motor Info
        by "Philippe Borges" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 18) Re: BOT: Re: Hydrogen fuel [vs. batteries]
        by "David McAlister" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 19) Clutchless
        by Jeff Shanab <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 20) Re: Gel Cel Etiquette
        by Seth Allen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 21) Re: Big trucks
        by Seth Allen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 22) Re: Battery at Zero volts?
        by [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 23) Re: Battery Box Gauge
        by "Roland Wiench" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 24) RE: ETEK Motor Info
        by "Shawn Waggoner" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 25) Battery Strings
        by Tom Coate <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 26) Easy 300VDC
        by "Don Cameron" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 27) Re: Motorcycle transmissions
        by Eric Poulsen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 28) Re: Motorcycle transmissions
        by Eric Poulsen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 29) Re: Motorcycle transmissions
        by Eric Poulsen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
--- Begin Message --- Has anyone given any thought to a hydraulic pump/motor setup? Open a valve and let the pressurized fluid into a hydraulic motor and control speed that way? Sort of a primitive Dynaflow, I guess.
David C. Wilker Jr.
USAF (RET)
----- Original Message ----- From: "spidercats" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
visit my website at www.reverendgadget.com

> Whoops Bill if you oxidize the Ch4.. you a lot more from the Carbon burning than a single H. But in FC it's dumped over board.

The process they use to make hydrogen from methane (CH4) releases the carbon as CO2. In theory, you could not make CO2, but that would reduce the efficiency of the process even more.

The hybrid car burns half as much CH4 per mile (at least) than the hydrogen fool cell car. This means 1/2 the CO2 released per mile driven.
_ /| Bill "Wisenheimer" Dube'
\'o.O' <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
=(___)=
Check out the bike -> http://www.KillaCycle.com

--- End Message ---
--- Begin Message --- At 10:50 AM 10/28/2004, you wrote:
The guys in the lab coats sure didn't appreciate you sneaking up and
popping a paper bag behind them :-)

Really? What a joker. "Wisenheimer" so it's deserved.

It's a fact.

This was about 18 years ago. NIST was characterizing slush hydrogen for a potential use in NASA spacecraft. Orie Voth and Rollie Gardene were making about 30 liters of slush hydrogen in a glass dewar in a large, explosion resistant, hydrogen safe lab. I came up behind them with a paper bag full of air. Orie saw me, but Rollie didn't. Orie stayed poker faced and didn't tip off Rollie. When I popped the bag, Rollie threw himself face first on the floor.

When I was first working with liquid hydrogen, I was as nervous as Rollie, perhaps more so. I mentioned my stress level to my boss, an old hand with LH2. His advice to me was, "Once your butt cheeks loosen up a bit, you'll find that liquid hydrogen is a pretty nice cryogen."

 Lawrence Rhodes...
visit my website at www.reverendgadget.com