  3) Re: Thanks :)
        by "Jocker" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  4) Re: Motorcycle transmissions
  5) Re:
        by "Joes" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  6) Re: Thank you!
        by "Vanderwp" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  7) Re: ETEK Motor Info
        by "Philippe Borges" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  8) Re: Motorcycle transmissions
        by "damon henry" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  9) Re: ETEK Motor Info
        by richard ball <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 10) RE: ETEK Motor Info
        by "Shawn Waggoner" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 11) Re:
        by "Vanderwp" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 12) Re: other side of the coin - Re: Hydrogen fuel
        by "Rich Rudman" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 13) Re: 3rd clutch option
        by David Dymaxion <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 14) Lynch motor and controller FS (Was: RE: ETEK Motor Info)
        by "Myles Twete" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 15) Re: Dump Charging "Profiles" !
        by "Rich Rudman" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 16) Re: Easy 300VDC
        by "Rich Rudman" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 17) Re: Clutchless
        by brian baumel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 18) Re: Dump Charging...- for PbA only.
        by David Dymaxion <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 19) Re: FCEV are EV's too
        by Alan Batie <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 20) RE: Clutchless
        by "Bill Dennis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 21) Re: Clutchless
        by David Dymaxion <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 22) Re: Easy 300VDC
        by Neon John <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 23) Re: Scooter battery balancer ( Long, Data, Data)
        by Lee Hart <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 24) Re: 3rd clutch option
        by Lee Hart <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
--- Begin Message --- Here is where I got my NRT2's. . 800 852 5222 University Wholesalers, INC. Colchester, VT. Lawrence Rhodes....

I mail ordered mine out of Michigan. Although they say free shipping, the in store price was less. Still cheaper than the Potenzas. Al

visit my website at www.reverendgadget.com

* LP8.2: HTML/Attachments detected, removed from message  *

* LP8.2: HTML/Attachments detected, removed from message  *

You need PERM or Lynch motor (60V) to have fun, more powerfull than etek,
more pricey too.

cordialement,
Philippe

Et si le pot d'échappement sortait au centre du volant ?
quel carburant choisiriez-vous ?
 http://vehiculeselectriques.free.fr
Forum de discussion sur les véhicules électriques
http://vehiculeselectriques.free.fr/Forum/index.php

From: Eric Poulsen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2004 07:22:51 -0700

Performance is my main reason for a transmission.  I have an ICE
motorcycle, and I'd rather not "downgrade".

I'll let you in on a secret that I will probably get crucified for. Anytime you convert from an ICE to a BEV it is going to be a downgrade. You will certainly be able to get ICE like performance from an EM, but don't expect to be able to get that kind of performance for more than 5 miles unless of course you are planning on wading into the very expensive and practically uncharted territory of Lithium cells.

Our battery technology is still very limiting. You can build an EV for speed or for range, but you still cannot have both, unless you are willing to pay 10 times the price of a similar performing ICE.

I love my electric motorcycle and there are very good reasons for having EV's and lots of situations where they fit the bill, but you will not be able to build an electric motorcycle with the same perfomance and functionallity as an ICE version. My motorcycle turned out to be a compromise of performance and range. When I completely get my latest NiCad pack built I expect to have between 15 - 20 miles range with small car type performance and a total price tag of under $2000. I could get it to what I was hoping to achieve when I first started the project, which was to make my 26 mile one way commute to work over nasty hills and with lots of freeway speeds if I went out and spent ~$6000 on some new Li-Poly cells, but I don't see me going that route anytime soon. I actually did take it to work one time last year with a very large pack of NiCads, but I came up a couple miles short on range and a bit underpowered on the hills. Still, my motorcycle (and most EVs) are put together in such a way, that it is just awaiting the arrival of the miracle battery to transform it into an ICE killer. Nothing else needs to be changed. I just need to drop in the unobtanium wonder cells :-)

You can make a very high performance EV motorcycle, but when your buddies invite you along on their Saturday morning ride up into the mountains, you will find yourself leaving the EM at home.

damon

lots more pricey
i bought an etek for my bike project but i might live
to regret it it seems
has any one run an etek at 60V ?
is it any better and what issues are involved?

reb
wrote:
> You need PERM or Lynch motor (60V) to have fun, more
> powerfull than etek,
> more pricey too.
>
> cordialement,
> Philippe
>
> Et si le pot d'échappement sortait au centre du
> volant ?
> quel carburant choisiriez-vous ?
>  http://vehiculeselectriques.free.fr
> Forum de discussion sur les véhicules électriques
> http://vehiculeselectriques.free.fr/Forum/index.php

=====
Regards
Richard

___________________________________________________________ALL-NEW Yahoo! Messenger -
all new features - even more fun! http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com

>You need PERM or Lynch motor (60V) to have fun, more powerfull than
etek,
>more pricey too.

Who sells the Lynch motors here in the US?

Shawn Waggoner

* LP8.2: HTML/Attachments detected, removed from message  *

Joe has been doing RC sized NIcads with a PFC20 and the pre code for the
monster chargers for years.
    The numbers just get bigger. And how and what we count.
The monster code tracks volts amps Amphours Kwhr, and graphs them realtime.
This drive code makes the monster charger anything But Dumb. The data
logging and tracking is lab grade work.
We can do plots and send and post the results. We can create data logs on
every and any charge cycle. I want loadable personality files for evey
different client and or EV.
I am getting what I want... but slowly.
IF  you can write down how you want us to charge a battery, We can do it.
So...we have little fear we can make it happen.

#28 is the latest newest "X rev" level charger. IT Better run right!!! It
will have a litter mate #29 sometime today.
This weekend I should have all 3 PFC50s loaded into the Monster charger
frame and wired up.  The Joe still has alot of testing to do, and noise
control tests and issues.
I could run all three power processors ... manually If I want to.
We will take it a step at a time...
I also need to install a 180 amp breaker into  Goldies Big charge port. It's
70 amps right now... goodenough for a single PFC50... But not 3 at atime!!!